1. Each card is 30" long.
2. Cards are read from top to bottom.
3. Pen marks indicate durations proportional to the size of the card.
4. Color denotes timbre and character with respect to both positive sounds and silences.
5. The number in the bottom right corner indicates the length of silence following that card, in seconds.
6. Dynamics are pp to mf.
7. Each person shuffles their deck before playing.
Note: Each deck consists of the same ten cards, but the lengths of silence between the cards differ. In each deck, the silence between cards sums to 5', so that the total length of the piece is 10'. The notation requires instruments capable of sustained sounds, but the instrumentation is open.